Having practiced family law in King County since graduating from law school, Brien has achieved a remarkable depth of experience in advising and representing clients in all family law matters including divorce, contested custody, child support modifications, protection orders, and parentage cases.
Brien believes communication is the key to successful representation. He works with each client individually to form a plan of action for the client's unique set of circumstances. With this approach, he is able to identify with his clients and give them a voice. After determining if it will be possible to reach an amicable resolution or whether litigation or mediation will be necessary, Brien works with the client to execute their plan.
Brien has earned his litigation experience in private family law practice as well as with the San Francisco Division of Child Support as an intern. He also earned a Certificate for Specialization in Litigation while completing his law degree at Golden Gate University School of Law.
Brien is known for his honesty, close relationships with clients, and tenacity in his work on their behalf.
Brien is a Pacific Northwest native; he grew up in Bellevue, Washington and currently resides in Seattle with his wife and young son. He enjoys travelling, karaoke, is a car enthusiast, and a Husky Football Season Ticket holder.
- Co-authored an article for the KCBA Bar Bulletin with Kim Schnuelle called: “The Pressures and Perils of Prenuptial Agreements.” That was in the May 2016 edition
- "Losing Faith", KCBA Bar Bulletin, February, 2016
- KCBA Family Law Section
Current Employment Position
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Honors: Certificate for Specialization in Litigation
- University of Washington
- Political Science
- Washington, 2008
- Selected to Super Lawyers: 2023
- Selected to Rising Stars: 2017 - 2018